Thursday, October 22, 2009

What day is it?

Okay, this is the blog for Wednesday, because I'm a day behind. But here's a sneak preview from Thursday's chorus semifinals: CKC was place 25th out of 33 choruses, and scored 1110! This may not mean much to anyone outside the chorus, but for us it was very exciting, as we had expected to come last, or close to it. Anyway, more of that later.

On Wednesday we watched the quartet semi-finals, which started at 10:45 am. I had ordered a Keeping Score book through Vicki S, and had fun recording the costumes of the various quartets and the songs they sang. I tried rating them (A, B+, B or B-- they're all pretty good just to be there competing) but didn't worry about allocating exact points. Several quartets sang songs that are in CKC's repertoire: If I Give My Heart To You; Somebody's Happy; Never Say Never, How Deep Is The Ocean, Joint is Jumping, Kiss Me One More Time. I guess that shows Vicki's good taste! It was fascinating to see the different interpretations. I was paying particular attention to hair and makeup, my particular bugbears.

We stayed for BlackJaq's performance and then had to go to rehearsal from 3 pm to 5 pm. Di Huber was there again to encourage us and remind us to use our big muscles. Then we went back to the quartet semifinals. It was hard going, but a few of us stayed right until the end (quartet number 52) and announcement of the results.

By the time I got back to our room Sue was in bed asleep, so I closed the door and put on a layer of nail polish. In bed at 11 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment