Sunday, October 11, 2009

Packing, Unpacking, Repacking

Well, I had visions of travelling with just one small suitcase, but it's not to be. Our St Louis hostess, Sharon, emailed to say the forecast was for temperatures down to a low of 2 degrees Celsius, and a maximum of 14 degrees. So I've just got back from Parramatta, where I bought travellers cheques (to pay for the chorus breakfast) and then popped across the street to Kathmandu to buy 3 thermal long-sleeved tops. I now have a suitcase of clothes, and another suitcase for the laptop, accessories, makeup, documents, and miscellaneous other items. My costume including shoes is in my backpack along with 4 books and noise-cancelling headphones.

[Cousin Eleanor recommended two books by Susan Duncan: Salvation Creek, and House at Salvation Creek, so I picked them up at Dymocks].

I'd hoped to get an aisle seat on the plane, but left it too late, so I have a window seat in a block of two, up the pointy end. And I've notified the bank I'm travelling overseas, checked the PIN on my ANZ travel card, and backed up my desktop. And booked a hair appointment.

Yep, I'm just about set.

4 comments:

  1. See you when you get here - I don't think its that cold but I could be wrong. We managed with just 4 bags for the four of us and they are mostly empty, lots of room for shopping, that will start tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salvation Creek is on our Bookclub (Parramatta Library) reading list for this month, and John has just handed it over to me. He enjoyed it but reckons I'll enjoy it more because it's a "woman's book"!
    Have a great time Deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I did enjoy Salvation Creek and think you may well also. Have a wonderful trip - take care of yourself - I really look forward to following your exploits. Oh, and good luck with the comp!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got your txt saying you were tired on arrival in LA. Hope you can settle into St. Louis Ok and get some rest before seeing the sights and singing some more. Love, Pete.

    ReplyDelete