Sunday, October 4, 2009

Los Angeles Hotel

I thought I'd better book a hotel in Los Angeles before I leave. I wanted one close to public transport, and not too expensive. I thought about a youth hostel, but all the hostels available the nights I wanted in LA were shared dormitory style, and I'm too old and grumpy for that.

I googled historic hotels in LA, and I've booked through Expedia into the Historic Mayfair Hotel, 1256 West 7th Street. It's $334.70 for 5 nights. Their website says "It combines a sense of “old World” with a time honored tradition of gracious service. Built during the heyday of the Roaring Twenties, The Historic Mayfair Hotel still reflects the grandeur of the era with glass etchings, brass fixtures, skylight and frenzied pillars."

They are close to public transport and "only blocks away from the Financial District, Civic Center, Jewelry Mart, Garment District, Music Center, 7th Market Place, Shopping Centers, and Convention Center. The Historic Mayfair Hotel is just minutes away from Chinatown, Little Tokyo, Korean Town, and Olivera Street. 15 miles away from many famous attractions like Universal Studios, Getty’s Museum, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), and 35 miles to Disneyland." That should be enough to keep me amused for 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment