Monday, October 26, 2009

Rising Stars

Okay, here it is Monday already and I'm several days behind with the blog. Let's rewind back to Saturday morning.

On Saturday morning I watched the Rising Stars competition. This is held in conjunction with our International Convention. It's a competition for young women (under 25, I think) singing in quartets. It's part of our Young Women in Harmony program, to promote barbershop singing to a younger generation.

The entrants were high school and college age, all young and gorgeous. Some of them were more confident than others, and some of them had amazing voices. The Waikato Rivertones had a quartet entered, so I cheered very loudly for them (and they're on the bus trip with us now).

Damn, I've packed away all my notes from Saturday's competition so I can't even tell you the name of the winning quartets, or what they wore or sang. You'll have to take my word for it that it was both entertaining and inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment